The Installer window provides an interface for managing the VRG Runtime, SteamVR Driver, and OpenXR Runtime.
- The VRG Runtime section is designed to manage the VRG Runtime software necessary for using headset.
- Status Indicator:
- Displays the current status of the VRG Runtime (Installed/Not Installed/Needs Update).
- Check Status/Install:
- Click this button to check the current status of the VRG Runtime. If the VRG Runtime is not installed or needs an update, this button will initiate the installation or update process.
- Open Runtime Settings:
- Clicking this button opens a new window where you can adjust the settings for the VRG Runtime.
- Force Legacy SteamVR Input API Checkbox:
- Enable this checkbox to use the legacy SteamVR input API.
- Uninstall VRG Runtime Button:
- Click this button to uninstall the VRG Runtime from your system.
- The VRG HMD is directly compatible with any SteamVR application. SteamVR section enables you to install the Vrgineers SteamVR driver and then to enable/disable the driver.
- To install the driver it is advised to close Steam client, otherwise VR Tool will not be able to change internal setting of SteamVR. Check if Steam client is not running or try to run VR Tool with admin permissions. You cannot run SteamVR tracking with old drivers, all the controls will be disabled.
- VR Tool sets the path to SteamVR automatically, but you can also manually set the path to the SteamVR folder. The selected path is displayed under the status. The following two buttons allow you to clear the SteamVR path (and it will be re-set automatically when you enable OpenVR) or you can select it manually. The third button is used to uninstall SteamVR driver. Driver will be uninstalled from the currently selected SteamVR folder.
- Test SteamVR tracking
- SteamVR sensor test allows testing VRG SteamVR clipon for debugging purposes.
- Connect the clipon and press the button to start the test.
- The window will show a row for every sensor and its progress.
- For a sensor to be valid, it has to reach 100 hits and it has to reach 4 hits per second at least once.
- Valid sensors are colored green, sensors with errors are red.
- By clicking on the eye-icon in the sensor’s row, the corresponding sensor’s position will be displayed.
- The OpenXR Runtime section allows you to enable, disable, install, and manage the OpenXR Runtime software.
- Enabled/Disabled Buttons:
- Use these buttons to enable or disable the OpenXR Runtime.
- Status Indicator:
- Displays the current status of the OpenXR Runtime.
- Check Status/Install Button:
- Click this button to check the current status of the OpenXR Runtime. If the OpenXR Runtime is not enabled or needs an update, this button will initiate the installation or update process.
This page was last modified on October 11th, 2023 at 11:17< PreviousNext >